Sunday, January 23, 2011

Snow and Stuff

We have had 2 snow storms in Jacksonville, bringing us a few inches of snow. Our neighbors told us that snow is rare here and this is an unusually cold winter for Coastal Carolina. The city is not prepared for weather like this, so when it snows, the whole town shuts down. After the last snow storm passed by, they closed the base where Chris works, so we all enjoyed two snow days together. While it was fun, I'm excited for it to warm up again.

I already had to say good bye to one of my good friends. I knew I would meet tons of great military people, who would eventually have to move to another base, but didn't realize it would be so soon. We met Lacey when we moved into our apartment, and enjoyed hanging out with her and her husband Jerrod. They received orders to move to Maryland, so the boys said their farewells to their favorite babysitter, and I now have a friend to go visit near Washington DC.

Brady is doing more and more these days. He has several words in his vocabulary, and he is so smart. Check out his video below.

Family snow day.
Playing in the snow for the first time this winter.

Brady Bear is so amazed by the snow.
Our snow covered home.

Logan helping daddy.

Snow in our backyard.

My last night with Lacey, before she moved to Maryland.

Some of Brady's words.

No comments: